Science, R&D, education and much more
OPI creates complex IT systems that gather information about science and higher education architecture in Poland.
- Polish Science Database (administrated by OPI since 1991) is one of the most important sources of data on Polish scientific and R&D units, scientists and their research papers, conferences etc.
- Research Equipment Database: contains data on research apparatus based in Poland, and worth more than 125 000 euros each.
- Polish higher education information system (POL-on). Its main task is to create a global database of scientific institutions and Polish education. Information gathered in the database will support the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in decision-making processes.
- Support System for Selection of Reviewers (SSSR): it is the adaptive knowledge database about potential reviewers. The system provides the following functionalities:
- Ranking of reviewers (generates a ranking of reviewers)
- Analysis of a document (automatic keyword extraction)
- Databases (browsing data)
- Scientific fields
These databases were done from scratch – we designed their information architecture, collected and aggregated data.
On individual request we retrieve relevant data from our databases and cumulate gained material in a form of a statistical analysis (if needed – divided into groups e.g. R&D research equipment in specified regions of Poland) or in a form of: summary, comparison, in-depth special report, etc.