Support System for Selection of Reviewers
Dynamic and adaptive knowledge database collects and provides information about the potential reviewers. Presents proposals of reviewers appropriate for a particular article or scientific application.
The system provides the following functionalities:
1. Ranking of reviewers (generates a ranking of reviewers) operating in three modes:
- On the basis of the criteria- Reviewers are matched based on entered by user keywords. The interface allows to enter information such as: key words in Polish and English languages, scientific disciplines, applicants contractors.
- Documentary- Creates a rating based on a document that can be added via the website. Based on the text entered to the system keywords are separated, then the system takes them into account while creating the ranking of reviewers using cosine method.
- Batch Processing- It works on the basis of aggregated files of applications for which it returns a list of suggested reviewers as xls/ xml file. Allows to perform the selection of reviewers for a group of applications.
The final ranking of reviewers is the outcome of rankings obtained from the cosine and full-text methods. The degree of impact of particular method on the final outcome can be changed by slider. Cosine ranking is based on measuring the angle adjusting the keyword of the researcher profile to the query. Full-text ranking is based on Apache Lucene library.
2. Analysis of a document (automatic keyword extraction). Allows to extract keywords from the entered text or attached file. After analyzes system returns statistics of given text (such as: text language, the language of the model extraction of keywords, number of words, number of characters, etc..), also distinguishes keywords in blue. The analyzes also produces list of distinguished words along with their original form, lemmatize form and the likelihood of being a keyword. Another result of the analyzes of the document is available in the "cloud key phrases" is a graphical representation of a list of keywords, where the font size depends on the significance of the word.
3. Databases (browsing data) system supports five databases, such as:
- Scientific fields- divided into two sections: * First presents the representation of the seven classifications of science in the form of a graph or table. This allows the selection of scientific fields belonging to any of these classifications * Second section provides details of the fields (appears after clicking on one of the fields in the first section)
- People- The system allows to find people of science by defining: name, degree, academic title or affiliation. In addition, advanced search allows to set a keyword describing the person and assigned to him or her field.
- Keywords- The form allows to search for keywords by entering the names, defining the language and the areas in which the term is assigned.
- Publications- Simple search of publication is possible by entering any phrase from the title, author's name or the year of publication release. In addition, the advanced option extends the search criteria by specifying the source, type of publication and the areas to which it belongs.
- Sources- In the system we distinguish three types of sources: books, magazines, and conferences. The search is possible by selecting one of the available types, identify areas to which it belongs, and the introduction of any number of characters from the source title.
Project website: https://recenzenci.opi.org.pl