POL-on – Information System on Higher Education
POL-on collects data on all Polish scientific institutions and universities in order to:
- Collect and share information on higher education, structure of various institutions, fields od study, students and people connected with science
- Gather information about the quality of education system
- Monitoring of material assistance spending
- Control of tuition fees
- Control multiple employment, as well as appropriate selection of education staff
- Control over Financial Reporting
The main areas of POL-on:
- Basic data of scientific institutions and universities-The register reflects the structure of higher education and science in Poland. The collected data are publicly available and gathered for informational purposes. The register has a functionality that allows to obtain information on quality systems implemented in the specified institution or organizational unit.
- Register of permission to award degrees by local universities and scientific and research institutes- This register allows to obtain information about units having the right to grant doctoral degrees and postdoctoral in various fields and disciplines of science and art.
- Summary of reference for the study on a particular fields of study, level and profile of education- Summary presenting authority to conduct studies in a particular field, level and profile of education that have been given to academic units.
- Nationwide list of students- It contains the most important information about students enrolled and studying at both full-time and part-time studies, such as personal data, the amount of ECTS and the scope of financial support for students. The register is prepared to control the disbursement of financial aid and tuition fees.
- Register of researchers and academic teachers- Register maintained for verification of human resources minimum.
- Reporting- The data collected are intended to improve the reporting process by unifying dispersed reporting obligations.
- The list of activities popularizing science- The purpose of the list is to collect information about the awards and commendations conferred on the Institutions or its employees, also collects information about the conferences, which were organized or co-organized by unit.
- Records of properties, infrastructure, laboratories and equipment- Open access database that collects information about the resources of scientific research in order to popularize a wide range of potential users in both the academic and industrial.
- List of patents and achievements- It collects information about obtained patents, reported inventions, trademark and copyright rights as well as the implemented products or research results.
- Education unit survey/ assessment of Committee for Evaluation of Scientific Units- All units applying for subsidies for basic office operations from the state budget are obligated to submit special statement, named Education unit survey. On the basis of the survey, parametric rating of the current unit activity is calculated.
- The electoral system to the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles- Using the system first fully electronic elections to the Central Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles have been carried out.
The system will also collect information held by the university library's collection, carried out investments, research projects and publications.
Project website: https://polon.nauka.gov.pl/